Who is Sue and what is Suelandia?

Monday, June 7, 2010

She bangs

Hey people.  We rented "Nine" this weekend.  If you like musicals, it's probably worth checking out, but is no Chicago or Moulin Rouge.  After seeing Marion Cotillard's super short bangs...

I went upstairs and whacked mine off.

Results??

Okay, maybe not that bad.  Dan laughed his butt off at first.  "Oh my god!  What did you do??" Because they were freshly cut and kind of Franken-bangish, but have since improved.

Meanwhile, another weekend, another Honda.  This, it turns out, will be mine, not the bike of death I dumped last weekend.  I wanted a little orange one to begin with, and I like having two brake levers, not just one, although I'm told I should get used to the brake pedal on the right because that's how all bikes are.

Anyhow, cute huh?  Now to just get up the guts to ride it around the yard, once Dan fixes the shifter.

I thought last week was going to be the week I really got further into my new painting phase, but it didn't go as well as I hoped.  Lots of my paint got washed off with the hose.  ~Fail~  Today I'm going out there and taking the shotgun blast approach.  I'm going to start a whole bunch at once so i can just move sheet to sheet (of steel) and be spontaneous (I hope.)

Thanks to all of you who have followed/subscribed so far.  Still plenty of visa applications left if you'd like to move to Suelandia.  Sign up.  :)

7 comments:

JKB said...

I love yer bangs, bb. Or as they'd say over here, your fringe. :-D

And HOW did I miss your bday? Happy belated, dahlink! I hope it was lovely!

Linda G. said...

It's a toss-up as to which is more adorable--your new bangs or your new bike. Love 'em both. :)

Lynn Fisher said...

I suppose at first it is startling to see so much forehead when it used to be covered...but I think its cute!!!
Was the paint not dry? Acrylic usually drys before you're even done painting...odd (furrowing brow under thick, heavy, long bangs)hmmmm? Anyway, can't wait to see the paintings.

pseudosu said...

JkB, Linda-
Thanks gals. :)

Linda-
I rinsed it off myself. It wasn't coming out right. Some of it I scrubbed off because it was dry. The beauty of working with steel.

strugglingwriter said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your parents are adorable.

I think the new bangs look pretty good.

Look forward to reading about the adventures on the new bike.

Paul

pseudosu said...

Thanks Paul. :)
The new bike should provide lots of new for sure. I need to shop for a helmet!

Maery Rose said...

I was going to comment on the bike and say "Look out ER!" but realized people would take that as emergency room not the city. On the other hand...