Who is Sue and what is Suelandia?

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall- get it while it's hot.

Hey people.  Know what's really good?  --Plums.  Check it out.

It's fall here now, just kind of the start of it really.  It's my favorite season.  I used to hate it because it was when school started, and, in my melodramatic teen years-- "when everything dies."  But now I think it's the most beautiful season and it goes so fast.  I always feel like I'm missing it even as it's taking place.  There's this urgency where I feel like I need to notice as much as possible and there's not enough time.

I've been working non-stop, but have tried to suck-up as much beauty as I can walking back and forth between the house and shop.  This guy is a sure sign things are changing.

And a few of these have begun showing up.

Today I went for a ride with Trusty Pam.  I didn't technically have time, but my hands were killing me, and it was so gorgeous out.  I rationalized that in the two hours I took to go mountain biking, I couldn't have made very significant progress anyway (not the way my hands and neck were feeling by that time).  I also whipped-out the year to live policy.  "If you had a year to live-- what choice would you make?"  I'm big on regret aversion. 

The work has been coming along, but when I look around at how much I have, I feel like I've lost my mind or something.  For how many hours and days I've put into preparing for this show, I'd expect to have a giant PILE of artwork.  Instead I'm scrambling to finish up pieces that have been lying around waiting for the proper amount of rust etc, and feel like somehow I've lost a month.

I wanted to have 2 to 3 times as much as I did for the last show, and have been working my butt off-- 7 days a week for a long time now.  I don't know why I don't have more.  Maybe it will look like more in the gallery space, but...  ~Worried~

I only have 2 days left to work.  Wed I'll be busy loading and delivering.  Thurs and Fri I'll be trying to get some last minute pieces done I can bring to the opening.  I wish I had another month, but then again, I'm probably on the verge of burn-out, and still have another show to get ready for.

Wish me luck everyone!  (And come visit me at the show Fri night if you don't have anything better to do.)

7 comments:

JKB said...

GOOD LUCK!

I know you can do it.
<3

And if I was closer, I'd be there with bells on.

Linda G. said...

Mmmm. Plums. I love plums.

Hang in there, Sue. You're almost done. And it will be a spectacular show! Wish I could be there to see it in person. :)

Jill said...

Good Luck! From the pictures of the work that you have already shown us...I am sure that your show will be a huge success! Plums are fabulous!

linda thiltgen said...

Your show will be great. The work you have is amazing. All will be well. Breathe.

I am sorry to miss the opening. :/ I know it will be great!

Lynn Fisher said...

Good Luck and many sales Sue! See you there!

irishk said...

You've got something better than luck Sue ~ you've got talent. It will be great! We'll be there to cheer you on. I feel the very same about Fall, like you are missing it as it is happening. The ever-changing scenery is so amazing. I'm glad you are taking moments to enjoy the journey even with everything you've got going on. You're almost there! Kathleen

Maery Rose said...

I bet the bike ride was just what was needed. You can only push yourself so hard. Can't wait to see what you've come up with. I'm sure it will be marvelous!