Who is Sue and what is Suelandia?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting dirty

Hey people.  So this has been my mood for the last few days.  Yes, it's tin foil beanie time, where innocent citizens need to be protected from my toxic brain-waves of negativity.


Poor Dan.  The other night at about seven I said, "Gah-- I wish this day would just fricking GET OVER WITH!"  Then I went to bed to make that come true.  Knowing all this is caused by hormones doesn't, oddly, diminish the effects. 

Last night was an event I've been planning for a long time.  It was oddly reminiscent of my old *jumping around in front of people in revealing swimwear* phase also known as my brief stint as an aqua aerobics instructor.  My awesome uterus was being a total ass.  By the time I had to head to the trail to set-up, it felt like I had a giant Leggo contraption stuck in my guts & expanding itself.  I was in so much pain I could barely think & was shaking all over.

Here is what was on the flyer for the event:  (cute huh?)

I took massive amounts of Midol and Alieve and fortunately, by the time girls started showing up, I was semi-functional.

I felt horrible, and nervous, and, of course, fat--- sorry everyone this bugs but it was how I felt so... keepin' it real here--- but all the women who came were so excited to be trying mountain biking, many for the first time ever, it snapped me out of it a bit.  (It helps to focus on other people, helping them out.)  Plus the drugs kicked in finally.  ~Whew~

Almost 30 gals showed up.  We filled the woods with pink shirts and a few whoops and hollers of excitement.  The atmosphere was supportive and adventurous and awesome.  It made me so happy to see so many girls interested enough, and brave enough to try this for the first time.  I remember how scary it felt the first time I rode my bike down a hill over logs and rocks-- like stepping off a cliff.  Now it's the most fun I have-- riding that trail.

Hopefully some of these gals get real bikes and take this up.  From what I saw out there, many of them have the adventurous spirit and love of being outside that makes a mountain biker.

4 comments:

Trusty Pam said...

It seems that a great time was had by all-it sure came together! I think we may have to have a weekly "ladies ride"
Good Time!

Linda G. said...

Ugh. Female plumbing sucks. :(

Maery Rose said...

Finally! An advantage to being old!

I think I am still feeling an adrenaline rush today. It was thrilling to be out with so many adventurous girls facing their fears and literally whooping it up.

pseudosu said...

Pam-- You were indispensable! Thanks so much for coaching!

Linda G- Ugh. You said it.

Maery-
That's what hooked me right away. It was scary as hell, but so fun. I knew if I just did it enough to actually learn it it would be worth it. :)