Who is Sue and what is Suelandia?

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I wanna

Hey people.  The show opened last night.  It's my first day off in a couple of months, and it is weird.  I wandered out to my shop this morning, which is a disaster, and although my head is still full of ideas, for the first time in recent memory, I have nothing underway, or pressing.

There is something comforting in purpose.  A rightness.  I'm a bit surprised, but I'm actually anxious to get back to work, although maybe at a slightly less frantic pace.  There are other itches surfacing too, from other parts of my life, like that feeling that it is time for some thrills, and to reconnect with people.

Here's what I want:


I want to go for long runs in the woods, and to listen to this song a bunch of times.


I want to make unlikely things, improbable things.


I want to take what I've learned and explore ideas that aren't fully formed yet.

I have an idea about that-- about things we can't quite make out, and how that sense of mystery draws us in.  I have ideas of how to visually express that.


I want to ride my bike, and go kayaking, and shopping.  Yes, even shopping with friends, something as sort of mundane as that, is something I'm looking forward to.  I haven't seen my family in a long time.  I owe my grandma some dates.

I want to get back to having adventures.  I want my friends to play hooky and do some fun stuff with me. I want the perfect balance of not feeling that crazy pressure that sort of wrecks me physically now, but always having something in the pipeline, and managing to have fun and stay connected too.



3 comments:

Maery Rose said...

Me too to all of that.

b_elliott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
b_elliott said...

Ooooh, oooh, ***raises hand*** pick me, pick me. Can't play hooky during the week but a weekend day would be great.