Who is Sue and what is Suelandia?

Thursday, November 17, 2011

How much wood can a woodsue chuck?

Hey people.  I planned to post a really cool video of my whole process of making the little groupings of trees, but all I have to show for my days of shooting is this one-eyed Lincoln.

This is what happens when you keep $ in your welding shirt pocket.

That video would have been really cool.  I got some great close-ups of some sweet sweet welds too, but you'll have to take my word for it, because my computer ate the entire upload.  It hiccuped and actually froze my whole external hard drive, with ALL my pictures and videos on it.  For some reason I didn't totally freak out.  I didn't really allow myself to *go there*.  I just figured somehow it would be able to be recovered, and lucky for me it was, all except the last upload.

Oh well.  Maybe next time.  Maybe I'll show you my next brainstorm-- little lit-up tree houses.  We'll see...

In other Suenews-- I'm fat again you guys.  I know, I know.  I'm not really.  But everyone knows how it feels when you put on a few unwanted pounds.  No one likes that.  And I have a super small frame, so on me, seriously, 3 to 5 lbs is the difference between, *normal*, and *kind of porky*.  I can't understand how this could have happened!  (~Ahem~ Halloween candy on sale much???)

Oh well.  Life goes on.  Back in the saddle, so to speak.

Really, what I'm most anxious to do, is just get back to a regular schedule of getting out in the woods an MOVING.  I've been working so much, and with it getting colder it had gotten pretty easy to blow off my nightly ride or run and just *keep working*.  Tomorrow I'm going to spend all day at the trail tidying up for winter, and am really looking forward to it.

Sunday I'm actually leading my second ever trailwork session-- restocking our firewood pile.  So far no one has answered the call for volunteers.  Hopefully they're just playing it cool and a few will show up.  If not--- gauntlet =  thrown down!  I will personally stock the biggest frigging woodpile those guys have ever seen just so I can bug them all winter long about being out-worked by a girl.

Prepare for impressive pictures of our team of lumberjacks in front of our massive wood supply-- even if I am the only one in the picture.

4 comments:

Maery Rose said...

Too bad about the video. Technology can be so upsetting... And I feel your pain on the weight thing. I've been battling 5 for how long now? Lose two pounds, gain two pounds, lose two pounds, gain two pounds. Suckage!

Linda G. said...

Must be nice to have money to burn... ;)

pseudosu said...

Maery-
Yes, this wasn't even close to when my online server ate my novel and I had no back up, but still a pain. I'm a sticker. Once it goes up it takes an incredible amount of work to make it go down. Apparently my ancestors survived a famine or something.

Linda-
It iz. ~Lights stogie with roll of Bennies~ ;)

Jill said...

Darn halloween candy...I also have gained a couple of pounds...Your one eyed Lincoln is interesting.