Who is Sue and what is Suelandia?

Monday, June 17, 2013

Building the herd

Hey guys.
I've been welding my butt off!  But the deer I'm making for this big commission I'm working on are coming out awesome.  I'm videoing the building process in case anyone is curious about that.  Who knows, some people find it relaxing to stare at an aquarium, perhaps the soothing tones of my welder will give you a much needed respite from the stresses of your day.  Lol.

I'm doing a 3 part series documenting what is involved in just framing in the head of one of these beasts.  If it seems I'm being overly picking during this process, keep in mind I'll be covering them with hundreds of animal cut-outs, and if the framing underneath is off-- it'll be glaringly apparent.

Here is one in the process of being covered.
 I'm kind of obsessive about every project I'm doing being a progression forward in my skill and artistic level.  I like trying to always be taking it up a notch.  So I'll continue being obsessive and picky I guess.  (Friends who have seen the inside of my house or car are always surprised by this quality in my work I think-- I'm not this picky about most other areas of my life!

Anyway, If you like the vids please click the little thumbs-up like button, and comment by all means.  Next week I'll post one more framing vid, then will do a quick recap of the overall build, and show you some of the covering process.  Anything else you guys are curious about?  Ask away in the comments.  :)

You can find the first of the 3 part series HERE (posted on fb last week)


And part 2 (just uploaded!)  HERE.

Oh, hilariously I have become a local celebrity now too.  Actually a very cool young woman in my town was kind enough to pitch a feature about me to the editor of the local paper and they did a story on me, complete with a giant picture of me on the front pages where I look ancient but kind.  (Better than being on the front page for robbing a bank right?)  If curious, you can check that out HERE.

2 comments:

strugglingwriter said...

This is awesome. Thumbs up-ed the video.

I think your photo looks nice at the newspaper site :)

Paul

pseudosu said...

Awe Paul-- you are truly too kind! Thanks. :)