Who is Sue and what is Suelandia?

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Coloring steel and getting ready for the big show

Hi Guys,
It's been a total whirlwind around here.  I'm working like a maniac.  I made a quick video about coloring the steel.  So here's that--

In other SueNews- It's mountain biking season again-- the trail is open again!  Yay!  Actually last Sat we had our first major trail work session of the year, and we had such a huge turn-out we split the crew and I sort of had my own detail.  It was a really interesting and positive experience.  

I was a bit worried some of the guys wouldn't want to listen to me.  It turned out fine though.  I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert trail builder (yet), so it was a process of me telling them my initial idea- what I wanted to accomplish, and then asking them to give me their ideas.  In the end the whole team came up with a couple of great new trail segments and everyone seemed to have a good time.

I got my first few rides of the year in too, and it feels great to be back on Penny!  I even rode this really scary downhill I was too chicken to take on last year called "shotgun".  No problem now.  Actually my fear level is way down so far.  That probably means I need to watch it or I'll eat it again big time this year.  Lol.

Tonight I'm sitting with my fav kitty Ray and worrying about him quite a bit.  Earlier today he began staggering around.  I'm hoping it's just an inner ear infection and he'll go back to normal in a couple of days.  He doesn't show any other alarming symptoms, so I'm staying positive for now.  If anything happens to him I'm going to really lose it though.  He is really my little buddy in the evenings and I love him to death.  Hard to go out and be all freewheeling with the creativity when I'm this worried.  

Send vibes, people!

There are a bunch of new pics on the art only blog.  You can look at that here.  Subscribe to that one too if you want.  The art only blog has gotten a huge response.  Many more people are comfortable sharing that, than this blog, and it has actually given me a whole new appreciation and respect for my work.  My art is able to touch far more people than I can as an individual, and that is quite humbling and cool.

Thanks for checking in.  More pics of new completed pieces next time.  :)

1 comment:

Maery Rose said...

I really like the video. Interesting about the colorizing and comparison of the results to life. Not woo woo at all, although maybe I'm a bad judge of all things woo woo. Love the course to your shop. Wee!